A R Rahman: Whole life and career in a short view-
Well, it is good to introduce a man like “A R Rahman” when he is pretty well known to all over the world for his extra ordinary talent over music. So for now he is not surrounded by the level of Indian rather he crossed the limit of the border and now he is an international musician. This somehow possible to mention him as the face of the Indian music industry when there are hardly anyone like him in the music industry of India. Same time, he never bounded himself with only type of music rather he always tried to be an all round musician and now he is. If you make a list of the famous and most popular musician who create music which can listened by anyone then this man is going to possess a place in the top of the list among the world famous musicians.
Personal Of Information –
The full name of this man is “Allah-Rakha Rahman” before he converted to a muslim his name was “A. S. Dileep Kumar” and now his whole family is praticing musim. This man’s birth place is in Madras, India. His father name is “R. K. Shekhar” who was a film-score composer and conductor for Tamil along with Malayalam films. “A. R. Rahman” often assisted his father in the studio by playing the keyboard. After the death of his father’s then Rahman was only nine years old, The only income source was the rental money of his fathers musical equipment. He was mostly nourished by his mother “Kareema”. He was normally a keyboard player and arranger for bands such as Roots and founded the Chennai-based rock group name “Nemesis Avenue”. He mastered the keyboard along with piano, synthesizer, harmonium and guitar, and was particularly interested in the synthesizer because it was the “ideal combination of music and technology”.This man began his early musical training under well known “Master Dhanraj” and at age of 11 began playing in the orchestra of Malayalam composer with the care of close friend of his father “M. K. Arjunan”. He soon began working with other composers as like “M. S. Viswanathan”, “Ilaiyaraaja”, “Ramesh Naidu” and “Raj-Koti” also accompanied by “Zakir Hussain”, “Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan” along with “L. Shankar” on world tours and obtained a scholarship from famous and well known “Trinity College London” to the “Trinity College of Music”. Studying in the Madras, “A. R. Rahman” graduated with a diploma in Western classical music from the school. “Rahman” was introduced to “Qadiri Islam” when his younger sister was seriously ill in the year of 1984. Basically his mother was a practicing Hindu. He converted to Islam with other members of his family in the time of 1989 at age of 23 by changing his name from “R. S. Dileep Kumar” to “Allah Rakha Rahman” A. R. Rahman.
List Of Tamil Movies – (A R Rahman)
|Guru (2007)||Sillunu Oru Kaadhal (2006)||Anbe Aaruyire (2005)|
|Enthiran (2010)||Azhagiya (2007)||Desam (2004)|
|Aayutha Ezhuthu (2004)||Jodhaa Akbar (2008)||Sakkarakatti (2008)|
|Raavanan (2010)||Vinnaithandi Varuvaya (2009)||I (2014)|
|Lingaa (2014)||Kochadaiiyaan (2014)||Maryan (2013)|
|Kangalal Kaidhu Sei (2004)||Ambikapathy (2013)||Yohan Adhyayam Ondru (2012)|
|Kadal (2012)||2.0 (2017)||Manavar Dhinam (2009)|
|Udhaya (2004)||O Kadhal Kanmani (2015)||Aym (2016)|
|Kaatru Veliyidai (2017)||24 (2016)||Kaaviya Thalaivan (2014)|
|Kannathil Muthamittal (2002)||Paarthale Paravasam (2001)||Kadhal Virus (2002)|
|Enakku 20 Unakku 18 (2003)||Alli Arjuna (2001)||Star (2001)|
|Rhythm (2000)||Baba (2002)||Boys (2003)|
|Tehzeeb (2003)||Padayappa (1999)||Sangamam (1999)|
|Thenali (2000)||Taj Mahal (1999)||Alaipayuthey (2000)|
|Kandukondain Kandukondain (2000)||Monalisa (1998)||Uyire (1998)|
Awards Of A R Rahman-
– Best Compilation Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media
– Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media (Jai Ho) and both of these awards he gained in the time of 2009.
Best Music Director:
– Filmfare Awards South
– Filmfare Awards (so many times)
– Tamil Nadu State Film Awards
– National Film Awards
– Vuclip Icons of the Year 2012 – Most Admired Bollywood Music Composer in 2012
– Lifetime Achievement Award at the 8th Dubai International Film Festival in 2011.
– Special Achievement Award for Significant Contribution to the Globalization of Indian Music
– Placed by Time magazine in List of World’s Most Influential People in the year of 2009.
– Limca Book of Records Indian of the Year for Contribution to Popular Music in 2007.
– Swaralaya-Kairali-Yesudas Award for outstanding performance in the music field
Special Honours :
– “Kalaimamani” Awarded for contributions to music from “Government of Tamil Nadu” in the time of 1995.
– “Padma Shri” Fourth highest civilian award from “Government of India” in 2000.
– “Awadh Samman” Awarded for exceptional and meritorious contribution in music from “Government of Uttar Pradesh” in 2001.
– “National Lata Mangeshkar Award” Awarded for Contributions to music from “Government of Madhya Pradesh” in the time of 2004.
– “Padma Bhushan” Third highest civilian award “Government of India” and the time was 2010.
Thats all about this from the very basic view and if you want more details about him then you better search him on the online and he has own website where you are going to have all the details about him. This man is something like history and we all have to watch and read him like a history.